High Range Water Reducer for Improving Concrete Slump Retention
- FARCOPLASTP10-3R is a high range water reducing and superplasticizer admixture based on modified polycarboxylate ether with an exceptional slump retention capability
Download the catalog
- FARCOPLASTP10-3R is a high range water reducing and superplasticizer admixture based on modified polycarboxylate ether with an exceptional slump retention capability.
Mechanism of Action
The two most important mechanism attributed to dispersion in polycarboxylate systems are linked to polymer adsorption and steric hindrance caused by the thickness of the adsorbed polymer layer on to the cement particle and repulsion through induced electrical electrostatic charge.
FARCOPLAST P10-3R complies with
- ASTM C 494 –Type G
- ISIRI 2930 –Table 11 , 13
- EN 934-2 –Table 11.1 – 11.2
|Chemical Composition||Modified polycarboxylate
|Appearance||Opaque greenish liquid|
|Specific Gravity||Typically 1.1±0.02 at 20°c|
|Chlorides (PPM)||500 max|
- FARCOPLAST P10-3R is recommended for use in all types of concrete including pumped, precast, silica fumeflyash, extruded, prestressed, underwater, flowable and selfcompacting concrete.
- FARCOPLAST P10-3R is a suitable admixture for hot weather and long transportation concreting.
- Provides a cohesive non segregating concrete mixture
- Produces high slump concrete at low dosage with no strength loss
- FARCOPLAST P10-3R is specially suitable for producing high workability concrete that has excellent workability retention, in this application, minimum extensions of setting time and little loss in early age compressive strength are observed
- Reduces placing and consolidation time and labor expenses
- Improves impermeability against sulfate, chloride and water due to reduced water content
- Improves abrasion and frost resistance by decreasing W/CM
Method of use
- FARCOPLASTP10-3R is supplied ready for use and is completely miscible in water.
- It can be added in to the mixer at the same time as the mixing water.
- It should not be added directly to the cement or dry materials.
- FARCOPLASTP10-3R may be added at the end of mixing process by dispensing equipment or it may also be added to the concrete in a drum of ready mix truck, it should be mixed at least 1 minute per m³ of concrete at high speed.
- FARCOPLAST P10-3R is normally dosed at a rate of 100gr – 1600gr per 100kg of cementitous materials (0.1-1.6% by weight of CM).
- Dosage recommendations depend on the characte ristics of the mix design.
- Field testing is recommended to determine the optimum dosage and effect on both plastic and hardened concrete properties such as : workability and workability retention, setting time, early and ultimate strength.
The fluidified concrete remains workable for approximately 1-2 hours (at normal dosages) at 20°c (concrete temperature), at high dosages it can maintain the slump for long periods. Duration of workability depends not only on the temperature, but also on the type and brand of cement, the nature of the aggregates, the method of mixing, the method of transportation and the amount of added admixture.
FARCOPLAST P10N is suitable for use with cement replacement materials e.g. Fly ash, silica fume and blast furnace slag cement concrete.
With other Admixtues
FARCOPLASTP10-3R should not be premixed or used with other admixtures unless receive the approval from manufacturer.
We would recommend that SHIMISAKHTEMAN be consulted in such circumstances.
FARCOPLAST P10-3R is supplied in 20kg gallons, 220kg drums and 1100 kg IBC tanks.
FARCOPLAST P10N Storage is recommended to keep within the range of 5°c to 40°c. If product has frozen, thaw and agitate until completely reconstituted .
Keep out of direct sunlight.
12 month when P10-3R is kept under the recommended conditions and stored in unopened and undamaged original sealed containers.
Safety and Handling Precautions
FARCOPLASTP10-3R is a product classified as harmless, but in the line with general chemical handling precautions to avoid contact with skin or eyes, protective gloves and goggles should be worn.
The SHIMISAKHTEMAN technical service department is available to assist you in the concrete problems in the field and correct use of our products.